The ACAMP story
Founded in 2007, ACAMP is a unique industry-led product development centre that advanced technology entrepreneurs count on to move their innovation from proof-of-concept to manufactured product by providing access to multidisciplinary engineers, technology experts, specialized equipment, and industry acumen.
We focus on electronics hardware development comprised of embedded systems and related firmware, sensors, and control systems.
ACAMP also supports the development of autonomous transportation technologies and is leading the Autonomous Systems for Transportation Consortium ― promoting collaboration between the Alberta government, local technology developers and multinational automotive companies.
What makes us unique?
We are the only advanced technology product development group in Canada that provides a full range of support at each stage of the product development process, including:
- Testing & characterization.
- Low-volume production.
- Design for manufacturing.
We are one of the few locations in Canada with expertise in Low-Temperature Co-fired Ceramics (LTCC), a specialized electronics packaging technology suited for harsh operating environments and high-frequency electronics.
Visit our services section to learn more.
By the numbers
- Our Edmonton and Calgary facilities are spread over a total of 14,000 square feet and house over $15 million in specialized product development equipment.
- Since 2007, we have helped over 340 clients commercialize their technology.
- Our top 10 clients generate over $70 million in annual revenue.
- On average, we support over 120 projects per year.
- We have trained over 3,400 Highly Qualified Personnel.
Our mandate and mission
- Build and retain advanced technology capability and capacity in Alberta.
- Enable Canadian enterprises to leverage a highly qualified engineering support team with leading-edge development tools.
- Help Canadian businesses develop globally-competitive technologies.